Become A Volunteer
Our volunteers are trained and supervised community members who help Lifelong Laguna operate more effectively and efficiently. They are the heart of our innovative “aging-in-place” initiative that goes beyond the walls of the Susi Q to help our friends and neighbors live safely at home, in the hometown we love.
Activities of Lifelong Laguna Volunteers
- Lifelong Laguna is a program of Laguna Beach Seniors, and operates as a Service Enterprise. This means Volunteers are at the core of the program operations on all fronts.
- Building relationships – It’s not just what you know, but who you are that makes a difference.
- Practical, social, fun, interactive – Phone calls, friendly visits, outings such as shopping or hobbies, light organization, or technology assistance may be examples of activities you can do for the Member.
- The Member will direct your activity based on their needs through communication with the staff at the Susi Q.
- The Susi Q is always an environment for socialization for Lifelong Laguna Members & Volunteers.
- We ask our volunteers to maintain the confidentiality of the program as Lifelong Laguna promotes confidentiality to respect members’ privacy.
Requirements and Time Commitment
- Attend Volunteer Orientation and Training
- Complete paperwork including background check
- Meet monthly for Volunteer Round-Ups, log hours, and provide recap of interactions
- Expectation of a minimum of one year commitment, 4-6 hours/month
If interested in becoming a Lifelong Laguna Volunteer, contact our staff at 949.715.8107.