Home Repair Assistance (LBS HOME)
LBS HOME is a partnership with the City of Laguna Beach and Habitat for Humanity Orange County. The City funds up to $5,000 per project (no strings attached) while Habitat for Humanity OC makes the repairs. Laguna Beach Seniors serves as the Program Administrator and manages the confidential intake and referral into the program. Our shared goal is to help older homeowners on limited incomes make essential repairs that promote health, safety, and accessibility so they can “age in place” in the town they love.
Your Next Steps:
- Review the repairs covered by the program. (To see how LBS HOME projects have helped our friends and neighbors, click on the images above.)
- Fill out the application below. Please note: Even if you are not eligible for the program, you can — and you should!— take advantage of our Free Home Assessment Program.
What Type of Repairs Are Covered?
- Installation of smoke & CO detectors
- Minor plumbing, like faucet and toilet repairs
- Accessibility needs such as ramps and handrails
- Minor electrical issues, light fixtures, outlet and switch installation
- Minor mold or lead paint issues
- Minor flooring issues to fix tripping hazards
- Code enforcement issues such as minor exterior landscaping or yard clean up, and minor exterior gutter, fascia, or stucco repair